Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Caps OFF to Kona Brewery













One thing that is important to us Canucks is beer, eh? Well, I found a great beer in Kona and it is made right here, in Kona!! I think now that I have found Kona beer, if I could only find a job here I would be set. Early morning swims before work, not a problem at the Pier or pool. A ride or run after work, then a rewarding Kona Brewery beer before dinner. Sounds like a perfect life. Luckily for me, it has been my life, without the going to work part :) Good things have to end, and in just over a week, my fantasy will be over. I am going to make the best of the next week though, swimming, biking, running and a race Sunday. Ok, a few more Kona Beers to eh :*}
Monday was a rest day so I went with my parents to the other side of the Island to Hilo. My sister was actually there also, but we did not see her. We went to the Hawaii Botanical Gardens and spent the afternoon looking at some of the plants that had been brought over from many places in the world. Columbia, Thailand, Belize and many others. The property went down to the ocean and in the late 1800s was used for shipping sugar. The photos barely resemble what is now there.
On the way back, we stopped at Hapuna Beach just off the Queen K (recommended by Queen Claire) and found a nice sandy beach and witnessed whales out in the ocean. That was actually the 3rd time that day, all in different locations.
Tuesday and Wednesday I was out swimming again at the Pier, getting some instruction from Karlyn Pipes-Neilsen, and a bit of running and riding. With the race coming up I booked a massage, and it was awesome. I guess people that massage the likes of Chris Lieto, Nattasha Badman, Michellie Jones and Lisa Bentley have to be good. I hope I can get in again Monday!!!
4 more sleeps until Lavaman!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment