Monday, April 20, 2009

Happy 100th Birthday Grandma!!


This past Saturday I travelled down the Island to visit my grandma for her 100th Birthday. I feel very lucky to have someone I know live that long, and being my grandmother is even more special. When she was 65 and I would visit, she would be out running early in the morning before I even got out of bed. I was a teenager way back then :) Grandma survived sickness when she was young and became a vegetarian, which I believe the healthy eating and lifestyle led the way for her long life. She also loved going to Hawaii, and somehow has passed that on to me as well!!


A letter from the Governor General of Canada.

And would you believe, a letter from the Queen!!!




1 comment:

  1. I love this post Rick!
    SO cool, wow, a 100 year old granny! I bet you got your love of running from her as well as that Hawaii blood too.
    Hugs to your granny and cheers to another year!

    NICE back-to-back racing too. Would you believe this... I convinced coach Paul to let me race Hawaii 70.3! Not even joking, it is a week before REV3 half ironman, I am so excited to execute to halfs back to back... ha ha! Between you and me, I really need some experience, I lack a load of races under my belt and the confidence that comes from racing, so I just want to race more... super excited.

    Hope you are well. Take care and keep in touch!
    Bree

    ReplyDelete